Documentation - AppImages
The Red Eclipse project provides AppImage builds that should work on any recent Linux distribution as an easy, dependency-free way to install and run the game.
- Download the AppImage.
- After download, give the AppImage executable permissions through your file manager or using the terminal command
chmod +x redeclipse-*.AppImage
- You can then run Red Eclipse by double-clicking the AppImage or executing it from a terminal.
You can set the following environment variables to configure the AppImage’s behaviour:
- If set, will prevent automatic updating.
- If set, will prevent the automatic updating from opening a terminal to display progress.
- If set, will use the value of this variable as the terminal program to display update progress.